Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TECHNOLOGY: On "How Technology Could Be Killing Your Work Productivity (And What to Do About It)"


by Giselle Figueras
Miami-- If you're like me who thinks that technology is making us less productive, I found the following article of great interest.

Simply titled, "How Technology Could Be Killing Your Work Productivity (And What to Do About It)" from www.AnandDhillon.com, where you will find the answers to what you've always felt was true but couldn't articulate. In fact, you probably will find yourself agreeing with much of the article.

Personally, I always felt that technology, specifically the computer and the internet, is genetically changing or hard-wiring our brain molecular system in ways we haven't even begun to understand.

Let me give you an example. There used to be a time, years ago it seems, when I buried myself in books, reading dense, thick books for hours on end non-stop. These days, I'm lucky if I read any book without feeling exhausted quickly, desperate to do something else, such as simply logging online. Feeling like I was being at most productive when I was reading, I now feel I'm wasting my time.

Has that happened or something similar happened to you, too? For the next few weeks I will do some more research on this topic and get back to you with my findings.


http://www.ananddhillon.com/blog/2008/07/how-technology-could-be-killing-your-work-productivity/

No comments: